Prelate first start into Fast Castle

Talderius

Magudai
Hello everyone, I have found a way to get a consistent 9:40-10:00 Castle Time, even earlier if you want to put extra vils onto your landmarks. When producing units to defend a rush, I can manage it around 14 minutes so it's still extremely fast and safe due to the HRE's good defensive options.

The key to this is the Prelate first opening, before Vils. This is a simple math problem relating to the Prelate's ability to inspire villagers. It can buff up to 10 villagers at a time, and grant them a massive +40% gather rate of resources for 30 seconds. They build at the same speed as villagers too, so you aren't sacrificing any extra time by making one.

If you task it to inspire your sheep collecting villagers, it will easily Inspire your 6 starting villagers into becoming the equivalent of +240% work speed. So, for the price of your starting gold you have skipped ahead to 8.4 vils as a theoretical maximum. The Prelate doesn't inspire instantly though, so let's assume it's anywhere from 8.25 to 8.4 vils in actuality.

My basic build:

Prelate
Gold Villager (Build a house and a mining camp on nearest gold)
Gold Villager
Gold Villager
Gold Villager
Gold Villager
Wood Villager (Lumber camp)
Wood Villager
Wood Villager
Wood Villager

Just as the 2nd wood villager finishes, it should almost be minute 3 IGT. You will have your 400f and 200g for a landmark. I would recommend the Meinwerk Palace for the cheaper upgrades. Your economy is already straining to get to castle ASAP so getting this means you can afford eco upgrades and military upgrades much easier. I'm still doing testing with the Aachen Chapel, but it looks promising. I will return with results later in this thread, the only current problem is building a blacksmith and a barracks, since I never seem to have proper wood for that.

NOTE: You only need to build this with a single Gold Villager. You'll be up at around 6:10 if you do this correctly. This late Feudal is fine, because by 6:55 you will have your Castle Age landmark placed. Preferably building with multiple vils this time, around 2-3 seems to do the trick, but I prefer 2 vils.

While all this is going on, once you reach the 6f-4w-5g villager distribution with the prelate focusing on the food vils, set all new villagers to collect from sheep until you have 12. This is going to be a food heavy build, but for whatever you want to go afterwards you should assign all new Vils accordingly. If your opponent is playing defensively, you should have enough gold to get your T1 eco upgrades before reaching Castle, so your economy will be decent too to back up your push.

Let me know how this works out for everyone, it's been giving me promising results in 1v1. 5 game win streak currently.

Last edited: